Problem accessing internet?

I'm having a weird problem, using Firefox 1.5.0.7 I can't get to some
web sites.  They start to load and just stall.  cnn.com is one
example.  I have a stock firewall running and Firefox is configured
normally.  I have Sun's Java installed and applets work just fine.
Flashplayer is installed and working normally.

Anybody else seen this or have an idea where I should look?

Computer is a Dell 380 running FC5 with latest updates.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...