Re: Delete desktop icons in Gnome?

On 10/16/06, Ed Smits <ed smits gmail com> wrote:
Is it possible to get rid of the default desktop icons in Gnome i.e.
Trash, Computer, Home? I'm running FC5 fully up-to-date.

There is a directory called "Desktop" in your home directory, which gets created the first
time you login to your GNOME environment. All files like "*.desktop" are the
icons which show up in you desktop. Remove them, would be the answer to your
question. Alternatively, I believe there is (was?) an option to right click on the desktop icon
and select remove.

Thanks

Ed
Burlington, Canada