Re: [FC5] video tools for linux?

On 10/14/06, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:
>>On 12/10/06, Deepak Shrestha <d88pak gmail com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I want to join two mpegs into one ( two VCD disk's mpreg files) and
>>>convert it to different format like DivX or Xvid. Googlig gave me some
>>>result like "mpgtx" http://mpgtx.sourceforge.net/ AFAIK I know the
>>>later part I can do with "VLC". I need some suggestion and ideas if
>>>other tools exists to do the joining job.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>

>>Try projectX
>>
>>Vijay
>>

> memcoder
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html
>
> If you're looking for a GUI tool you could try Cinelerra.
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3

I will add my vote for mencoder as it is very, very powerful.  You can
convert almost anything to anything with it.

It can do it all and many other things as well.  Note, depending on the
version of mpeg, the conversion will cost you some quality.

--
Robin Laing

After playing around with some of the pacakges, I found the mencoder
handy for my job.

Thanks all for your suggestions