Re: bittorrent, azureus, ports and routers

On 16/10/06, Thufir <hawat thufir gmail com> wrote:
I'm presently downloading a torrent with the bittorrent-gui, which seems
to be progressing fine.  However, I've previously run into problems with
azureus.

Azureus is a bittorrent client.  What's happening that bittorrent, itself,
works fine, yet azureus doesn't work due to blocked ports?  What is a port?

Apparently bittorrent works regardless of blocked ports.  What is it about
azureus that's different?

Azureus works fine here, though I've found it to be
problematic unless you use Sun's Java. (That said
I haven't tried gcj in a while).

--
imalone