Suspend to RAM

Ganesha Bhaskara bhaskara at usc.edu
Mon Oct 16 17:30:30 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 09:32 -0300, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a centrino notebook and suspend to RAM doesn't work right in FC5. It
> suspends, but doesn't wake up. I know it's possible to set up Linux to
> suspend and wake up correctly with this notebook, because I have just tried
> it with Ubuntu 6.06 Live CD and it worked flawlessly.
> How do I configure this in FC5? Any one has this working?

Suspend to ram on my Dell 700m used to work with FC5's 2.6.16* kernels.
2.6.17* kernels broke suspend to ram. I upgraded FC6 test 3 and
everything including suspend to ram and hibernate is working fine for me
now.

-G

PS: after resuming have you tried logging into a terminal using Ctrl+Atl
+F1 as root and executing "vbetool post" command ?