Re: MySQL won't start

On 10/17/06, Jim Douglas <jdz99 hotmail com> wrote:
I recently upgraded from FC4 > FC5, now I get this error whwn starting MySQL

"mysqld dead but subsys locked"

I uninstalled, reinstalled with YUM, no help at all...

What else can I do?

Have you verified that a "mysql.pid" file does not exist in /var/run/
if its there, then you could remove the mysql.pid file and then
do a mysqld start

Jim