Re: FC5/KDE3.5 beamer woes

Hi Ernest,

Ernest B. M wrote:
Hi All,

My FC5/KDE3.5 system does not automatically project the screen to a
beamer, and i have to to tinker with the resolution (basically by
lowering it) to always get it working.

Question is - how can i get FC5/KDE3.5 to automatically detect a
beamer and its resolution and project the proper screen to the beamer?
It is a bit embarassing at times i must say. What packages must i
update, if any? (sorry but i prefer KDE to GNOME, in case GNOME works
well, and i would much appreciate someone to help me fix this using KDE!)

if you are using a nvidia card, and you have a speperate section for
your projector in it, try adding the following line to the Display
section

SubSection "Display"
    Depth      24
    Modes      "nvidia-auto-select"
  EndSubSection

This should tell the nvidia driver (version 8756 and above) to
autoselect the resolution.

Hth

Alex