Re: FC5/KDE3.5 beamer woes

Ernest B. M wrote:
My FC5/KDE3.5 system does not automatically project the screen to
a beamer, and i have to to tinker with the resolution (basically
by lowering it) to always get it working.

Question is - how can i get FC5/KDE3.5 to automatically detect a beamer and its resolution and project the proper screen to the
beamer? It is a bit embarassing at times i must say. What
packages must i update, if any? (sorry but i prefer KDE to GNOME,
in case GNOME works well, and i would much appreciate someone to
help me fix this using KDE!)

if you are using a nvidia card, and you have a speperate section
for your projector in it, try adding the following line to the
Display section

SubSection "Display" Depth 24 Modes "nvidia-auto-select" EndSubSection

This should tell the nvidia driver (version 8756 and above) to autoselect the resolution.

hmm, i use the ATI RAdeon 9000

is it possible to do this with ATI ?

I'm afraid not. Maybe you can check the README of the radeon/fglrx
driver if there is such an option.

Alex