FC5/KDE3.5 beamer woes

Ernest B. M e.byaru at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:11:06 UTC 2006

Tim wrote the following on 10/17/2006 05:03 PM:
> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 15:42 +0200, Ernest B. M wrote:
>> But OTOH, is there a way to make the system automatically detect the
>> projector, set its resolution and work flawlessly (like other OSes do
>> it?)
>
> Hmm, other OSs working flawlessly?

yes. here is the situation (real life):

Me and a colleague both have a dell latitude D600, same hardware and
same display resolution setup (1400x1050). He runs windows Xpee and i
run FC5/KDE3.5

I fire up my laptop, connect to the projector and i get a skewed
image. i lower the resolution to 1200x800, and it works OK.

He connects his laptop, doesnt do anything, and the projector is
working for him straight away.

So, yes, this is what i call flawless working, and is what i want to
achieve with FC5. I know that SuSE does this with its hotplug or
plugger (or something named like that)..

ta
eb