Re: New kernel new problems with kernel headers

On 10/17/06, Niels Happel <nhappel redhat com> wrote:
> After having updated the kernel (now running 2.6.18-1.2200), I get the
> following when trying to configure VMWare server:
>
> «What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your running
> kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]
> /lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2200.fc5smp/build/include/
>
> The directory of kernel headers (version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does not match
> your running kernel (version 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5smp).  Even if the module were to
> compile successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.
>
> What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your running
> kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include] »

get and untar the latest version of vmware any-any updates. One location
is: http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/ , else google for it. Actual version is
104 I think.

After that run runme.pl in untared any-any subdirectory. This should
solve your issue.

Thanks, Niels. In fact, your suggestion solves the issue.

Paul