Anyone know what this means?

Adam Hough ahough at lsu.edu
Wed Oct 18 00:47:18 UTC 2006

I get this from dmesg running FC5  2.6.18-1.2200.fc5smp.  The machine
seems to be stable (was crashing very frequently before this kernel in
FC).  Also yes I know to boot with noapci as a kernel parameter to most
likely get rid of this error. I am still curious as to what it means.

ACPI Exception (acpi_processor-0681): AE_NOT_FOUND, Processor Device is
not present [20060707]
ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x2
ACPI Exception (acpi_processor-0681): AE_NOT_FOUND, Processor Device is
not present [20060707]
ACPI: Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x3

Also hyperthreading is disabled in the bios as the machine refuses to
boot if it is enabled with this kernel and all previous FC5 kernels
panic on this machine. Memory is fine also no errors after ~90 hours of
memtest86+.  The motherboard and processors are new also.

--
Adam Hough
High Performance Computing
ahough at lsu.edu