Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Oct 18 02:08:16 UTC 2006

Ian Mortimer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 21:43 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> I hate to sound stupid Dave, but what utility will tell us if the
>> partition being inspected is a 1k/block partition?
>>
>> We'd like to know if we are vulnerable to this one.
>
> dumpe2fs /dev/whatever | grep '^Block size:'

Thanks, now I wonder if I should worry.

root at diablo src]# dumpe2fs /dev/hda2 | grep '^Block size:'
dumpe2fs 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
Block size:               1024

However, as others have pointed out, it has to be busier than that
famous cat, and I don't really think this lappy needs to worry.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Cheers, Gene