read/write access for non-root user on usb drive

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 18 09:06:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 11:16 +0500, babar haq wrote:
> I am using Fedora Core 5 with default kernel and packages. I am trying
> to mount an external usb drive in such a way that all non-root users
> can mount it and have read/write access to it.

You might want to say what filing system you intend to use on it.

If it's ext3, a simplistic solution is to make a sub-directory that's
writable by all, and for users to work inside of it.  But mounting it
appropriately is probably the best way to go.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.