FC4 to FC5 upgrade slow

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Oct 18 18:59:37 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>
>> This box is a dual Opteron box with 4GB RAM.  Should it be that slow?
>
> It sounds to me like it is using swap, no matter what the RAM on the
> board is.  IIRC Ctrl-Alt-F2 will get you a shell prompt, a quick
>
> top
>
> might be informative.
>
> -Andy

Well, when I looked at it before, it wasn't swapping out, I still had
about 1GB RAM free.  However, all the running processes (anaconda, etc)
from the installation were 'Sleeping'.  I wasn't seeing much disk
activity, or activity to the CD ROM drive.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator