Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 02:49:56 UTC 2006

ronald wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:

> it's always difficult to me to express my thoughts in correct english
> sentences. therefore it's always a one-sentence-statement, which could
> be misunderstood and i believe here also: my email wasn't a complaint !
>
> -iirc- you and all working on fedora are (at least) since mid sept.
> under steam to hold this [censored] date.
>
> why/where is the need to raise this steam by announcing *dates* in a
> weekly beat ?
>
> means: take that time you need to release a proper fc6.
>
> i believe the peoples are more interested in quality then in this
> release *date*.
>
> and - reading between the lines - yesterday it was notedly (fc5 on
> production boxes is at least a compliment to FC5 and all involved people !)
>
> but repetitively slip dates and "draft draft draft" on the schedule site
> is honest, but have a psychological effect also.
>
> that all.
>
> okay ?
>
> btw:
> i personally have no problems with the running fc6-devel here.

Here are my two cents (or tuppence, deux centimes, dos centavos, zwei
pfennigen, or whatever):

When I first upgraded from FC3 to 4, I had problems--problems that did
not resolve until two or three rounds of updates to core packages.

When I heard the complaints about 5, I passed on the upgrade.

As regards 6, I would much preferred a delayed release to one rife with
bugs.

I agree: Take your time and do it right. The developers will do no
favors either to the community or to Red Hat by rushing a release.

Temlakos