Re: Cannot update vmware with kernel 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Kam Leo wrote:

I've got VMwareWorstation-5.5.2-29772 installed and have encountered
the same problem as the OP. The vmware-any-any-update104/runme.pl
fails due to the following: "Unable to access the installer database
/etc/vmware/locations in read-mode".  Guess I've just have to keep
using the previous kernel and wait for the next kernel and/or vmware
patch.

Interesting. Does /etc/vmware/locations exist? It appears to be built by the vmware-config.pl script.

The latest vmware-any-any-104 patch causes the VMware menu items to disappear from Applications -> System Tools, which is why I tried without it. The vmware-config.pl build works fine and vmware runs fine without the patch on my system.

I don't seem to be able to do Netware logins from my virtual WinXP, but that's a topic for another thread.
--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu