Is Fedora *really* Free?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 17:00:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 17:40 +0100, Scott van Looy wrote:

> > But there was a long, involved flamefest here not that long ago, so no need
> > to rehash it again (please?).
>
> OK, sorry. I'm new here. I just wanted to know how the interwebnet works

Heh - just keep in mind that it connects a lot of people with a lot
of different ideas and the reason it works at all has very much to
do with the BSD license on the initial TCP/IP code.  The world would
be very different today if that code had restrictions that made it
less attractive to use in commercial equipment.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com