Problems with iPod

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:19:34 UTC 2006

I haven't topuched the nano's firmware in a long time, so that
probably isn't the problem. I unistalled gtkpod and libgpod, which
alos uninstalled amerok, and downloaded the latest tar.gz for both
from CVS.

Started with libgpod, ran ./configure, errored out with:

checking for LIBGPOD... configure: error: Package requirements
(glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 gobject-2.0) were not met:
No package 'glib-2.0' found
No package 'gobject-2.0' found
Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBGPOD_CFLAGS
and LIBGPOD_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I'm running glib-1.2.10-18.2.2, so I guess I need to update that, who
knows what that will break. I have no glib at all, so will have to
track that down as well...

ED