bcm43xx stop functioning after upgrade to kernel 2.6.18-1.2200

Brian Gaynor briang at pmccorp.com
Fri Oct 20 17:21:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 18:11 +0200, Ambrogio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read a lot of mail about something that stop works after installing
> kernel 2.6.18 (2200) from fedora repos on FC5.
>
> I had problems with wmvare (not solved) and now I have a problem with my
> wireless card BCM4318.
>
> I can't scan for network, and I can't connect to my Access Point.
>
> Something know how to solve this issue (other than boot with 2.6.17)?

I have seen similar problems on a Dell Inspiron 5160 running Rawhide.
Never sure from kernel to kernel which ones will work and which wont.
Right now with the latest Rawhide kernel (2798) my Broadcom wireless
doesn't work but the previous kernel (2784) it runs fine. Haven't had
the time to investigate.

--
Brian Gaynor
www.pmccorp.com