Re: FC4 -> FC5 upgrade gone awry

On 10/22/06, Monkey Pet <monkeypet gmail com> wrote:
I know this isn't supported, but I did it anyways telling myself that I
could get myself out of trouble if I got into trouble.  Here it is...

I tried to upgrade to FC4 -> FC5, using 'yum upgrade', and it seems to
succeeded after lots of brute force work resolving some broken dependencies
from 3rd party repos.  However, I know some packages did not upgrade.  The
system boots and is usable though.  I guess the root cause is that some 3rd
party repos packages had a higher version number than the one in fc5.  So
here is what I want:

1.   I want to make sure all packages installed are built for fc5.
2.   I want to check all packages and make sure they exist in the fc5 repos
mentioned in the yum.repos.d

I am wondering if someone has solved this problem with a script, if not I'll
be hacking away at it.

I don't have a pretty solution for your problem, but this command
should at least show you all the non-FC5 packages that you currently
have installed:
rpm -qa | grep -vi fc5

L. Friedman                                    netllama gmail com
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org