OT: labelling CD/DVD disks

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 07:17:07 UTC 2006

On 23/10/06, Carroll Grigsby <cgrigs at earthlink.net> wrote:
> At some point in time it was reported that the inks commonly used in
> marking pens contained solvents that could degrade the disk material
> over time, which led the Sharpie people to market a special CD/DVD
> marker for the purpose. Yeah, I bought one.

I'm not contradictining you, but recently I had a disk that was
scratched on the label side and would not read. I could literally see
through the scratch. I took a Black marker -Artline 70 - and coloured
over the scratch. Lo and behold- I could read the disc.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/love.html
http://essentialinux.com/linux-software.php