Re: nsswitch/winbindd question

On Monday 23 October 2006 06:25, Chong Yu Meng wrote:

> My theory is more than a little rusty, but here's what I can remember
> (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong):

Thanks for the explanation.
<snip>

> Anyway, for your own intents and purposes, if you have no requirement to
> join a Windows domain (lucky you!), then just disable winbind and check
> that inside '/etc/nsswitch.conf' there is no 'winbind' parameter there.

Unfortunately, all that was done a long time ago, and I'm still seeing those
messages.  It's more of an annoyance than a ready problem, though.

I can find plenty of documentation about using samba with windows domain
controllers, but it seems to be assumed that you will be using one if you go
any further than a couple of computers talking to each other.
Troubleshooting this kind of problem simply doesn't appear in any samba books
I've seen.

Anne