Question about screen.

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Mon Oct 23 19:30:09 UTC 2006

Michel Di Croci wrote:

> I would like to remove the screen saver in Fedora. I have tried to check
> (no screen saver), no inactivity, but still my screen blanks out after a
> couple of time. I want my screen become black but not in save mode. I
> was able to adjust this in Ubuntu and make sure that the screen didn't
> go in inactive mode, how can I do this in Fedora?

No really sure what you're asking here, but I get the feeling you're
referring to the monitor going into power saving mode, which you don't want.

Find the line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf which looks like this:
Option     "dpms"
and either comment it out, or remove it. Then restart X.

If you want your screen to still become blank, but the monitor not to go
into powersaving, do the above but also ENABLE the screensaver in X and
choose blank screen.

--
Ian Chapman.