tvtime and distorted sound

Philip Walden pwaldenlinux at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 23 20:38:02 UTC 2006

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Hi, the sound is working fine on all applications except tvtime, the
> sound appears to be distorted, the distortion is similar to sounds
> that have been sampled at a low bitrate.
>
> Any body know where or how this could be happening?

I experienced this with my tvtime, but assumed it was because I had an
older bttv card with an external audio output which you have to patch
back into your sound card's aux input. Most other applications go
through the cpu. With newer tv cards, audio goes through the cpu too.

I did find that the sound quality improved when I boosted the TV signal.