Re: Question about yum

Is there an easy way to correct this? I did nothing special (except adding livna) and I'm already a lot of issues with it :)

2006/10/23, Matthew Miller < mattdm mattdm org>:
On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 08:44:53PM -0400, Michel Di Croci wrote:
> Is it me or yum is unstable? I've been using it since a couple of days and
> I had more segfault in 2 days than any other linux distro in my life. Am I
> doing something wrong? It's very difficult to reproduce the error but when
> I do a search I can get a segfault...

Yum is in use on hundreds of systems where I work, and I don't think I've
ever seen it segfault.

It is, however, a big consumer of memory. It may be exposing a hardware
problem that your other programs just haven't hit. Or, there could be
corruption in your RPM database....

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm mattdm org          < http://mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>              <http://linux.bu.edu/>