How does Firefox 2 get added?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Oct 24 01:54:17 UTC 2006

Joe Smith wrote:

> Does the Mozilla updater work under Linux? Even if it does, I prefer to
> use an yum/rpm-based install.

The installer version works and installs in /usr/local but still uses
the same profile in the /home/user directory for plugins, bookmarks and
the like.

For rpms, there are the experimental versions available in development
sites and may be available by adding a repo file, depending upon the way
the developer sets up the repo.

I use Seamonkey as preferred application myself but do use Firefox from
time to time. I don't use it that much. So being that fact, updating to
the latest version does not really concern me. As long as there are no
security risks with the version in FC(5,6, development)

Jim

--
We are experiencing system trouble -- do not adjust your terminal.