KDE Error: Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree

Whenever I open a folder (by clicking it) on the Desktop -- and on the
Desktop only -- under KDE, I get this error box:
        Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree.
        Internal error.
Apart from the error box, the folder opens correctly.

What does the error box indicate?  How can I correct the problem?

jon