Re: digital camera Q

Gene Heskett wrote:

Is there a special driver I need to turn on in the kernel's usb section

No all the weirdo camera interfaces are handles in userspace AIUI, like scanners are now too. Was there possibly some mode you had to enter the camera into to get it in a talkative mood?

to enable access to this device?  I am familiar with building kernels,
currently running 2.6.19-rc3.
When you connect that camera, what does dmesg tell you about it? Or what
are the last lines in /var/log/messages about the plugging in event?

Another way to come at weirdo cameras (USB Mass Storage Device Class is a huge boon for compatability) is to pop to flash card and use a <large number>-in-one USB flash card reader that WILL present it in a standard way.

-Andy