digital camera Q

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 24 07:54:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 01:24 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> A neighbor came up tonight with a canon powershot A10 in hand

I have a Canon Powershot A520 that works in a similar way.  On a
friend's WinXP it appears as a drive, but it won't do the same on Linux.
I can use Gthumb to import pictures, that works fine, but it's a bit I
find it awkward to use.

I gave in, and bought a SD card reader.  While that's not really
practical for getting pictures from a friend's camera, it was a lot
better than messing around with cabling the camera to the PC, and faster
to read files, too.  If you have a USB flash drive, it'd probably be
easier to grab the files on your neighbours PC, and copy them there.

I read messages from the public lists.