Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Mel mel at laamail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:28:00 UTC 2006

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

> What happens if you fire it up with noacpi on the boot line?

I have tried this with no change in the results.

Having said that I don't have confidence I am doing it the right way.

You used "noacpi" others used something else. I have tried different
variations -- all give the same results.

I haven't been able to find a list of switches that includes the acpi.

I do notice something else I don't understand.

If I search for "acpi" using "places", almost all the file listed are in
  directories for the 2187 kernel even with the 2200 kernel installed.
Is it possible that the 2200 kernel is using the 2187 directories and
that is why removing and reinstalling the 2200 kernel doesn't fix the
problem?

Mel