Re: KDE Error: Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree

Am Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2006 08:16 schrieb Jonathan Ryshpan:
> Whenever I open a folder (by clicking it) on the Desktop -- and on the
> Desktop only -- under KDE, I get this error box:
>         Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree.
>         Internal error.
> Apart from the error box, the folder opens correctly.
>
> What does the error box indicate?  How can I correct the problem?
>
> jon

This error seems to appear after use of removable media.
try following steps to correct this problem

lauch the konqueror and make sure the panel on the left side is extended (you
can do this by pressing F9). Click the box for your home directory and save
the profile under Settings -> Save view profile 'file management'. When a
save dialog comes up, click save.

The error message should be gone next time you start konqueror.

Than