Re: Apache web form

On 10/22/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 12:53 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I need a simple web form that I can use on my FC5 webserver to gather
> feedback and orders from a website ("Click here to send comments to the
> webmaster" type of thing).
>
> I have never done anything with forms, and having heard all kinds of horror
> stories about security vulnerabilities in scripts like this I am a bit
> hesitant to grab a random form script from ghawd-knows-where and try to
> use that.

The NMS formmail script is considered a good replacement for the
dangerous Matt Wright one.

And it's designed to be as secure as possible.

You can get it from http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/.

There are two formmail programs there. The original formmail is a
rewrite of Matt's script, but I recommend you try tfmail which is a
bit more complex to set up but far more flexible.

Cheers,

Dave...