RE: Permission not granted to the root user

> Hi,
> I have this problem with FC5 (I'm root !):
> When I type some commandes like "./configure" I have this answer:
>   "Not granted permissions"    (in french: Permission non accordées).
> Do you understand this and what must I do to resolve this probem?
> Thunks

This is commonly caused by the execute bit not being set on the
item you are running.  In this case  "./configure".  An "ls -l ./configure"
should verify this.

You have 2 choices:
1.  chmod +x ./configure
     Makes ./configure executable
2.  bash ./configure
     Tells bash to read this file and interpret it as a script.

Bob Styma