digital camera Q

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 11:05:42 UTC 2006

On 25/10/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 October 2006 05:07, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> > The only thing that really gets me is that to me, metric seems so
> > logical. 10 millimetres to a centimetre, 100 centimetres to a metre,
> > 1000 metres to a kilometre etc.
> >
> Precisely - with 10 digits on each hand and foot, what else should we use? :-)
>
> > 12 inches is a foot
> > 16 ounces is a pound

Americans may just have 12 digits on their feet, and 16 digits on
their pounds(paws)?!?

> Oh, we can do much better than that, if you look at the whole caboodle of
> historic weights and measures.
>
> > AND the imperial gallon seems to be different to the US Gallon as far as
> > I understand.
> >
> Yup.

Excellent. I feel like I'm in a Dilbert meeting.

> > I don't even want to know how many feet to a yard (it must be less than
> > three and a bit feet coz that's roughly a metre).
> >
> That's easy - just 3 feet to the yard.

Snails have one foot. People have two. Dogs have four. I've _never_
heard of anything with three feet!

> > P.S. Don't even get me started on the US having the month then day then
> > year for displaying dates. I don't get that either but caused quite a
> > bit of confusion when we were over there.
>
> Until you want to sort by date order, then year, month, day makes sense.
>
> Anne

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/
http://english-lyrics.com/