From: Eric Donkersloot <eric donkersloot gmail com>
To: Fedora Core <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:35:45 AM
Subject: FC6 aiglx/compiz

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to get aiglx/compiz to work on my FC6 box, I installed the 9626
beta driver from livna, which is working fine. However, every time I try to
use the 'Desktop Effects' application in Gnome to enable the 3d effects I
get the following error message:

'Desktop effects could no be enabled'

I've searched the logs for a more detailed error message, unfortunately I
didn't find any. My card is a Geforce FX 5200, my xorg.conf is listed below:

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister builder3)  Wed Sep 20 16:56:19
PDT 2006
# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "glx"