Re: Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Richard England wrote:

Haven't had time to investigate further but I will.

These days I am very busy and haven't had the time I would like to have to follow-up on this.

Because I have a working kernel, it is not urgent.

What I have found that I don't understand (actually there is a lot I don't understand) is why a search was giving me acpi files in 2187 directories but none in 2200 directories. A second system had them in both 2187 and 2200 directories.

I ran yum list acpi on the failing system and acpi was not installed (don't know why not). I installed it and now see acpi in both 2187 and 2200 directories.

I tried rebooting after installing acpi but got the same results.

There must be a power fail recovery file somewhere that is unique to 2200 but is not deleted or at least overwritten when the 2200 kernel is removed and re-installed.