Re: FC6 aiglx/compiz

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Eric Donkersloot wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to get aiglx/compiz to work on my FC6 box, I installed the 9626
beta driver from livna, which is working fine. However, every time I try to
use the 'Desktop Effects' application in Gnome to enable the 3d effects I
get the following error message:

'Desktop effects could no be enabled'

I've searched the logs for a more detailed error message, unfortunately I
didn't find any. My card is a Geforce FX 5200, my xorg.conf is listed below:

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister builder3)  Wed Sep 20 16:56:19
PDT 2006
# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

[snip]

Section "Module"
       Load  "glx"
       Load  "dri"
EndSection

Remove this section and restart X.

--
Gorgon minion:    "Is the Source dangerous?"
Gorgon Commander: "Only if it is on your side."