Re: Dual monitors in FC5/6

On 10/25/06, Lonni J Friedman <netllama gmail com> wrote:
On 10/25/06, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
> I am soon to install FC6. I have an AGP Geforce2 in my box right now
> pushing my main monitor. I have an lcd which seems to max out at
> 1024x768. I also have a PCI VGA lieing around. Is getting dual monitor
> support as simple as popping in the second card before installing FC6?
> I do not need accelerated graphics on the second card (doubt it can
> anyways) but do use the binary blobs for my nvidia card.
>
> I have never really done this before. So suggestions from others who
> have would be much appreiciated.

Assuming that you don't have a 'legacy' GeForce2 (see the driver
README for thte list), you can run:
nvidia-xconfig -a --separate-x-screens --xinerama

and you'll be done.  Note that there is an Xorg bug where some apps
(gnome-terminal amongst them) will crash immediately if Composite is
enabled with Xinerama.  The workaround is to disable Composite (in
FC6).

--

I use KDE, hopefully all KDE apps will play nice. Where can i find this README?

Thanks.

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud