Re: yum

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:35:49PM +0200, Andrea Bencini wrote:
> I installed FC5 and I did successfully  "yum update".
>
> Now I would like to do "yum update" again, but I receive this messages:
>
> "Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core"
> "Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core"
> Where is the mistake?

It's because the Redhat servers are currently hosed, and the URL that
normally supplies a mirror list,

    http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc5

is currently returning a static page saying "sorry, we're overloaded".

--
The Enterprise successfully ferries an alien VIP from one place to another
without serious incident.