Thank you for the repo work-around

You can use these mirrorlist definitions as a workaround:

[core]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[extras]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=extras-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[updates]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[updates-testing]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-testing-$releasever&arch=$basearch

Take a look at the frontpage of http://fedorasolved.org for more
detailed instructions on how to make the ncessary changes to the repo
definition files to use these alternative mirrorlist definitions.

-jef"end of transmission"spaleta

The workaround is greatly appreciated. I have been fooling with Linux
for a couple of years and things like this just help me so much to
learn more and more. Again thank you.

George Hare