New FC6 upgrade just displays "grub" -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Oct 25 18:35:48 UTC 2006

                        *I just tried an upgrade rather than a complete
                        reformat and install for the first time with
                        Fedora anything.

                        When it booted for the first time it stopped
                        with "grub" printed to the screen and apparently
                        sits there in its editor function waiting for
                        some command.  I don't know what it wants or
                        what to do next.

                        FC6 is installed on an 80g sata drive replacing
                        a working FC5 install.

                        The "rescue disc" is not much help, probably
                        because I don't know the right command?

                        Any suggestions appreciated.

                        Bob Goodwin*