Re: yum upgrade FC5->FC6 issues

Paul Lemmons wrote:
I am stepping out this time and trying to do the upgrade from FC5 to FC6 using yum upgrade and and having some minor (I hope) issues.

I have:

rpm -Uhv \
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/fedora-release-6-4.noarch.rpm \
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/fedora-release-notes-6-3.noarch.rpm
And

rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-6.rpm

To set the environment. When I run yum upgrade I get the following dependency errors:

Error: Missing Dependency: libsepol - 1.12.27-1 is needed by package libsepol-devel Error: Missing Dependency: libgnomecanvaspixbuf.so.1 is needed by package gtkhtml
Error: Missing Dependency: libttf.so.2 is needed by package VFlib2
Error: Missing Dependency: libgailutil.so.17 is needed by package compat-gtkhtml3

Any pointers on what to do to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

You might consider removing all these packages. They are legacy GNOME 1.x stack which is not in FC6. libsepol-devel is not used in FC6 either.

Rahul