Re: Question regarding the torrent for FC6

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 19:46, tom wrote:
I've been wget/ftp/http'ing my cds of fedora in the past, so I thought I'd
try using bittorrent via a daughter's cable connection and mac. Going for
the Zod-binary-i386, at 49 MB into the download I'm seeing download rates
bouncing between 0.4K/s and perhaps 10k/s. Somehow those figures don't
seem right to me. The upload rate is running 7-9K/s, so it isn't because
I'm not sharing.

Any clues as to what to check??

Ports open on the firewall?  6881-6899 IIRC.

Anne

They (the high ports) should be all the way open. Total upload is now greater than total download.