Re: What is the consensus on the best partition scheme and size?/Keeping home separate

Andy Green wrote:

> But on a box like this laptop, what does LVM being on by default really
> get you?  I don't use separate partitions for /home and such, for the
> single user laptop situation it's not beneficial.

That's an extraordinary view.
There are overwhelming arguments for a separate /home partition,
whether using LVM or not.
To start with, it makes the installation
(whether by clean install or upgrade)
of a new version of Fedora far simpler.

--
Timothy Murphy