OT: Looking for wood-grain patterns

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 25 23:48:59 UTC 2006

Joe Smith wrote:

Thanks for the kind reply.

> Mike McCarty wrote:

>> So, we are looking for wood grain images which we can print or
>> reproduce using Xerographic techniques, color, and varnish to
>> repair these sets.
>>
>> Does anyone know of wood grain patterns which we could use?
>

> Why don't you make your own? Take a digital camera to a... I don't know,
> a furniture store? A lumber yard? A furniture maker would probably be
> best. You can print them yourself or send them out to be printed on
> whatever material you need (I'm just guessing here).

Two reasons...

First, such kinds of photos have a tendency to come out dark and
muddled...

Second, you'd like the color of the top of the case to match the
color on the sides. This requires careful staining to achieve,
something which is not easily achieved with a photograph.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.