Ellison's Elision

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Oct 26 16:43:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Ric Moore wrote:

> I thought someone would pick up on my reference to PCFile <chuckles>
> Little teeny tiny DOS app worked pretty darn good. Whatever happened to
> GeoWorks? There was another nice little suite of applications. Made a
> nice little tight desktop. Someone ought to port that to Linux. <g> Ric

 	Actually GeoWorks still lives.  It's now called BreadBox
<http://www.breadbox.com> and still works quite nicely.  Back when I was
financially stable I bought it and DrDOS and put the combination on an old
486 laptop I have.  It's quite nice.

 	However, my favorite "environment" from the old days is Desqview.
Man, I did all kinds of stuff automatically with that baby and some of the
utilities from Simtel.  Ah, the good ol' days...