fwcutter/wifi on FC6 ?

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 21:19:18 UTC 2006

Regarding bcm43xx speed..

What I've read and my own experience with bcm43xx indicates that it defaults to 11mps and does
not auto-scale. It also does not auto-sense if you have an 802.11g connection, so you have to
set the speed mannually:

>  iwconfig eth1 rate 54M

I also noticed that if you set the speed higher than can be supported at the range you are from
the access point, you won't have any connectivity. ..because it doesn't autoscale.

Personally, I also had probs bringing it up on boot so I've switched back to ndiswrapper until bcm43xx matures
a little more.

-j