cpu frequency scaling unsupported all of a sudden

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Oct 26 21:35:39 UTC 2006

On 26Oct2006 14:18, Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com> wrote:
| timohirt at gmx.de wrote:
| >To solve the problem backup grub.conf and menu.lst.
| >rpm -e --nodeps kernel
| >yum install kernel.i686
| >Then copy the back grub.conf and menu.lst back to the /boot/grub directory.
|
| If you insist on using yum to replace your kernel, wouldn't this work
| better:
|
| rpm -e --nodeps --noscripts  kernel
| yum install kernel.i686
|
| It'll save you the potential of screwing up your grub.conf, won't it?

Hmm. Won't the "rpm -e" leave you without a kernel, albeit briefly?
Personally I like to have one around, even if it's not ideal.

I thought you should be able to go "yum install kernel.i686", and then
tidy up unwanted kernels later?
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

On a videophone, the whole world can see you fart.      - Charlie Stross