SSH connection closed

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Oct 26 23:04:48 UTC 2006

    I recently replaced my wireless router.  I'm now using a Linksys
WRT54G and I noticed that my SSH connections are being closed after
roughly 10 minutes of idleness.  When I trace my connection, I get this
just before it closes:

[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : RECV: TCP/IP close
[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : State Change: SSH_STATE_CONNECTION->SSH_STATE_CLOSED
[SSH LOCAL ONLY] : Connected for 607 seconds, 1401 bytes sent, 2231
bytes received

    Is this something the new router is doing?  Nothing on this machine
has changed and the connections getting closed started happening after
the new router was installed.  Is anyone else on the list use the same
router and tell me if it's doing the same to you?

    By the way, the same thing happens with my SMTP connection.  If
Thunderbird happens to be set to check e-mail every 15 minutes, after 10
minutes the connection gets closed and Thunderbird has to reconnect again.

    Thanks.

--
R | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.