SSH connection closed

Darren Foster darren at darrenfoster.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 23:09:35 UTC 2006

Ashley wrote...

>     By the way, the same thing happens with my SMTP connection.  If
> Thunderbird happens to be set to check e-mail every 15 minutes, after 10
> minutes the connection gets closed and Thunderbird has to reconnect again.
>
>     Thanks.

Ashley,

The router has a setting on it to keep the connection live or use the
connection on a connect on demand connection it should be set as keep
the connection live.

If its set to connect on demand the line will terminate after a period
of 10 minutes of idleness.

Generally its on the main setup screen right under the bit where you
input the username and password on a Linksys Routers configuration page.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Darren Foster
www.darrenfoster.co.uk